Sunday, April 28, 2013

Book of Mormon Stories

Today for my lesson I made my own golden plates. I had some gold spray paint, card stock and a little bit of wire.

I am teaching the children verses 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8. For the last few weeks we have been talking about the stories that go along with the verses. I put pictures up from the gospel art kit (the one in the blue box) on the board and did a quick review of each story.

In junior primary I had a child come up and look at what was written on my gold pates. On my plates I had written the book and chapter they could find the story that we were learning about. I then had them guess which picture went with the book and chapter. We checked by looking at the back of the picture which had the book and chapter on it.  They loved coming up and flipping though my gold plates. When a match was made we would sing that verse.

When I did it in senior primary I had them look up the chapter and read the chapter heading to see what the chapter was about and then they matched it to the picture. Then we sang the verse.



No comments:

Post a Comment